Apr 19 2013

Charley’s 5th Birthday Pawty!!!

Filed under Uncategorized

Hi everyone!  It’s me, Charley!  I’m sneaking on my mommy’s ‘puter again since she is isn’t looking….

I had a great time at my birthday pawty a few weekends ago!!!  It was a double birthday pawty…I turned 5 and my Grandpa turned 73!  I can’t wait until I’m 73 because I bet I would gets TONS of presents and treats considering the amount I got for turning only 5!

My mommy made me a meat cake again!  I LOVED it!!!  I almost ate the whole thing….until my mommy and daddy pried the last piece out of my mouth.  They were talking about me eating too much and getting sick and puking.  HELLO?!?!?  Don’t they realize that I am a Labrador Retriever and one of my bestest skills is eating, then tripawd counter surfing, and finally retrieving…. in that exact order!

Mommy’s Meat Cake Recipe:

• 1-1/2 pounds of lean ground beef, 1 pack of frozen spinach, 2 eggs, 1/2 of a medium container of full fat cottage cheese
  • Mix ingredients together and pat into a spring-form pan
  • Bake at 350 degrees until done and pop it out of pan once cool
  • Ice with regular Philly Cream Cheese
  • Decorate with turkey bacon (or real bacon)
  • Eat!!!

Here’s some pictures of me from my birthday pawty!!!

Hugs and chocolate labby kisses from Charley  xoxo

Seriously, mom?!  How many of these do I have to pose for?

Charley 5bdy1Charley 5bdy

My yummy Meat Cake!!!

Charley #5 cake

Aren’t I so handsome!!!                       I’m smiling pretty!

Charley 5bday Charley 5bday1

Please???  I’m waiting so patiently to eat my cake!!!

Charley 5bday2 Charley 5bday3

Yummy!!!                    I’m eating fast before it’s taken away!

Charley 5bday4Charley 5bday5

I love pawties, but I’m worn out!!!

Charley 5bday6

CHARLEY, 5      ~~~  The Birthday Boys  ~~~      Ben (my dad), 73

Charley 5bday9 Charley 5bdy.dad

14 Responses to “Charley’s 5th Birthday Pawty!!!”

1.   bruiserbrunoon 19 Apr 2013 at 6:11 pm     Reply1

too cute! Happy birthday charley and grandpa. I am so happy to hear that we can celebrate another milestone. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Best wishes
    Maricela and spirit Bruno

•   Charley's Momon 19 Apr 2013 at 6:19 pm     Reply2

Thank you Maricela and spirit Bruno!!!
      Charley

2.   fourminipupson 19 Apr 2013 at 7:39 pm     Reply3

Charley – Not only are you one handsome boy, but a really fun pawty animal!

3.   princesson 19 Apr 2013 at 8:00 pm     Reply5

Happy birthday Charley. You look so happy and vibrant.
    And wow!!!! What a cake!!!

Karen and Spirit Magnum

•   Charley's Momon 19 Apr 2013 at 8:24 pm     Reply6

Thanks Karen and Spirit Magnum!
      Charley

4.   Jackie Bouchardon 19 Apr 2013 at 8:21 pm     Reply7

Great pics!

Charley, you are SO handsome! You look great in your pawrty hat!

The meat cake looks amazing. You are a lucky boy!
    Kisses from me and nose-pokes from Rita!

•   Charley's Momon 19 Apr 2013 at 8:24 pm     Reply8

Thank you Jackie and Rita!!! Chocolate kisses back at you! 🙂
      Charley

5.   penny4weimson 19 Apr 2013 at 10:32 pm     Reply9

Wow Charley, you are one good dog to not pounce on the cake. Did Grandpa get a people cake?

•   Charley's Momon 20 Apr 2013 at 9:34 am     Reply10

I tried really hard not to pounce on the cake (and my daddy was standing close to grab me) so mommy could take my picture. My grandpa got a cake too, but my mommy didn’t make it (the store did)!
      Charley

6.   KBon 20 Apr 2013 at 7:00 am     Reply11

What a Birthday Charley. Happy Birthday to YOU!

7.   benny55on 20 Apr 2013 at 2:29 pm     Reply13

What a joyous celebration on so many levels you shared with us:-) 🙂 🙂 Charley, you have it made young man! That cake WITH icing was exactly what a King deserves!!

The joy…pure joy… UST leaps off the page straight I to our hearts:-)

We celebrate with you and keep on doing what you’re doing!,
    And thanks for the recipe mom!

Sally and Happy Hannah