HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Feb 19 2014

5 Down, 1 to GO…and then adios to chemo!

Charley had chemo #5 today, 2/19/14, which was Doxorubicin (Adriamycin).  This was his 3rd Doxorubicin so he is now finished with this chemo agent!  YIPPEE!!!  Charley will start on the Cerenia for anti-nausea tomorrow and will take it for 4 days (nausea from the Doxo typically hits days 3-5).

Since Charley’s last 4 bloodworks and his 2 liver profiles have been fine (he had bloodwork done after his 1st and 2nd Doxo and his 1st and 2nd Lomustine), he does not need any more bloodwork after this chemo or after his next chemo.  YIPPEE  again!!!

Charley has his last and final chemo on 3/12/14 which will be Lomustine (CCNU) which is an oral chemo pill and then he will be officially done with chemo!  Another YIPPEE!!!  I asked when Charley would need chest x-rays and Dr. Buss said we would most likely do it 1-2 months after his next chemo!

Dr. Buss, his oncologist, said and I quote, “Charley looks GREAT!!!”  That made my week again!  I told Dr. Buss that Charley will be 6 on 3/29/14…and that would be his 4th birthday since his OS diagnosis which is amazing!  Dr. Buss agreed that Charley is indeed amazing!  🙂

Charley LOVES the snow (but it has all melted now), so here are some recent snow pics!

I love the wavy fur along his back.  🙂

Charley 2.5.14

Wanna play??

Charley2 2.5.14

One of my favorite all time pics…look at that happy smile!

Charley3 2.5.14

Cheese!

Charley4 2.5.14

Hi there!

Charley5 2.5.14

Snow face!

Charley6 2.5.14

My little chocolate Valentine!

Charley Valentine

Thank you for all of your prayers, positive thoughts, hugs, and kisses.  It is greatly appreciated and we can’t thank you enough for all of your support!

Hugs from me and chocolate Labby kisses from Charley!  xoxo  ♥

12 Responses to “5 Down, 1 to GO…and then adios to chemo!”

1.   Michelleon 19 Feb 2014 at 10:00 pm     Reply1

Charley,
    You & your mom are true Warriors in this battle. I am so proud of you 2 and that you are such an inspiration to all of us. Keep kicking butt & exceeding what is expected. I am so proud that you are doing so well. Love your snow pictures.

Hugs
    Michelle & Angel Sassy

•   Charley's Momon 20 Feb 2014 at 8:39 pm     Reply2

Thank you Michelle and Angel Sassy!

2.   fetchon3on 20 Feb 2014 at 10:54 am     Reply3

Handsome, healthy, happy, hoppy Charley! We’re so happy for you! 6 years old….WOWsiers!
    ~ Katy & Jackson

•   Charley's Momon 20 Feb 2014 at 8:40 pm     Reply4

Thank you Katy & Jackson!

3.   jerryon 20 Feb 2014 at 12:27 pm     Reply5

Wow Charley, you wrote the book on how to beat dog cancer. That magic you have is sooooo special, what an incredible gift! Thank you so much for sharing all of your journey with us, we look forward to many, many more hoppy winters ahead. You are A M A Z I N G !!!!

4.   maximutton 20 Feb 2014 at 12:47 pm     Reply7

Charley, you are amazing! I feel like I repeat myself every time I post here, but YOU ARE AMAZING!! You keep on kicking cancer’s butt buddy!! We love you!!

•   Charley's Momon 20 Feb 2014 at 8:40 pm     Reply8

Thank you Maximutt!

5.   labsruson 20 Feb 2014 at 1:33 pm     Reply9

Charley we are so happy for you! Only one chemo left and it’s only a pill?… that’s simply awesome! I wish all chemo treatments were just pills.

I love seeing your happy face in the snow or the grass… anytime really! Can’t believe you’re going to be SIX already!

Way to go to continue fighting like the warrior you are!
    You are a light for others to follow in your pawprints.

You make us and our Super Dog Angel Hunter so proud!

•   Charley's Momon 20 Feb 2014 at 8:41 pm     Reply10

Thank you Super Dog Angel Hunter and family!

6.   Heatheron 20 Feb 2014 at 2:30 pm     Reply11

Hooray! Charlie and I are so happy for you both. Go Charley!

•   Charley's Momon 20 Feb 2014 at 8:41 pm     Reply12

Thank you Heather and Charlie!